The CTA's Holiday Train is rolling into Brown Line stations this week, Wednesday through Saturday, making all stops from the Loop to Kimball and back.
On Saturday, the train will park at Kimball for an hour-long photo op with Santa, 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
The train's popularity means it tends to get even more crowded than typical rush hour runs, with passengers frequently riding along the entire route. Here are some travel tips from the CTA:
• Families are encouraged to bring collapsible strollers to make room for others.
• If possible, board near the beginning of the route. Enter cars toward the rear and front of the train — cars closest to Santa are packed the tightest.
• Snap photos when exiting, not boarding.
Detailed schedules for the Holiday Train are available online, but here's a quick look at this week's Brown Line timeframe:
• Wednesday: Hits the Loop at 3:33 p.m. at Adams/Wabash, at Fullerton by 3:51 p.m., at Western by 4:08 p.m., and Kimball at 4:15 p.m. Departs Kimball for the Loop at 4:41 p.m., at Western by 4:46 p.m., at Belmont by 4:57 p.m., and Merchandise Mart by 5:15 p.m.
• Thursday: Hits the Loop by 4:19 p.m., at Fullerton by 4:37 p.m., at Western by 4:53 p.m., and Kimball at 5 p.m. Departs Kimball for the Loop at 5:28 p.m., at Western by 5:34 p.m., at Belmont by 5:44 p.m., and Merchandise Mart by 6:03 p.m.
• Friday: Same schedule as Wednesday.
• Saturday (making three runs): Departing Kimball to the Loop at 12:53 p.m. and again at 6:39 p.m. Running from the Loop to Kimball, departing Adams/Wabash at 5:26 p.m.