River North Clean Streets
River North is a unique and wonderful neighborhood with miles of riverfront, historic architecture, world class dining and a thriving nightlife.
Unfortunately, our many visitors often leave a shocking amount of litter behind when they head home after a night on the town. Since the Department of Streets and Sanitation has limited resources on weekends, the neighborhood has to live with unsightly and unsanitary streets and sidewalks until Monday morning.
River North Clean Streets is a non-profit created and jointly managed by the local Resident and Business Associations. RNCS has arranged for a wonderful organization called Cleanslate Chicago to tidy up our neighborhood on Saturday and Sunday mornings. In their bright yellow vests, the friendly, well-trained Cleanslate crews pick up 1,000’s of bags of garbage and recyclable materials, leaving our community cleaner, safer and healthier.
- Great PR for Block-Adopters; with neighbors, customers and city officials
- Keeps establishments looking great and reduces the risk of expensive fines
- Deters crime and improves public health and safety
- Promotes recycling and enhances property values and quality-of-life
- Provides life-changing support, training and temporary employment for hardworking Cleanslate interns eager to move towards self-sufficiency
- Additionally, if businesses are hiring, the disciplined, reliable and motivated Cleanslate crew members make great permanent employees
To learn more and/or to adopt a block, please visit RNCleanStreets.org